- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1.5 cups chopped unsalted cashew nuts
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Heat the 1/4 cup sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, mushrooms, shelled edamame, and cashews. Mix in the sesame oil sauce. Cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Serve over the cooked pasta.