Merry (late) Christmas to everyone. I hope you all made some memories with families and friends during this busy time of year and took time to reflect on the true reason for the season.
Yesterday, one of the gifts that I received from my parents was a set of muffin tins. Yup… I actually asked for those! I have been wanting some for quite some time now. The main reason was because I found a recipe in “The Feed Zone” book that I wanted to try. I wasted no time and decided to try to make them today:
Brown Rice Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used a whole apple which was about one cup chopped instead)
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 and lightly grease the muffin tin
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend til a nice batter is formed
- Divide into muffin tins and bake for about 15-20 minutes
This recipe made 10 muffins for me.